It’s got all the components for a flavor explosion that’ll rock your taste buds. Vegan avocado ranch dressing? Check. Colorful chopped salad with sweet corn and tomatoes? Check. Tender chickpeas simmered in BBQ sauce? Ohhhh baby, check! We usually have a little dressing left over but that’s a huge bonus because I love it so much. Use it on other salads or as a veggie dip! Hope you enjoy too.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad with Avocado Ranch
For the Salad
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large head romaine
- 1 cup corn (I thaw frozen corn)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2-3 green onions
For the avocado ranch
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup almond or soy milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Optional: fresh chives are amazing if you can find them!
- Make the dressing: in a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. In a saucepan over med-low heat, simmer chickpeas in BBQ sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, chop the romaine, tomatoes, and green onion. Place in a bowl. Add corn and carrots. Toss to combine.
- When ready to assemble, distribute the salad into bowls, toss with desired amount of dressing, and top with BBQ chickpeas.