A colorful, fresh fruit tossed salad with tangy strawberry balsamic vinaigrette! Great served with maple-vanilla candied nuts as well! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
Salad season commence! I admit my personal “salad season” is year round, but I wanted to kick off the more traditional salad season by sharing a fruit-filled salad instead. The colorful, fresh fruit is a nice change of pace and it pairs so well with the tangy strawberry balsamic vinaigrette!
The dressing is simple but flavorful. It only takes a couple minutes to make, and can be stored in the fridge if you’d like to prepare it ahead of time. The salad is great as is, but I also recommend adding these maple-vanilla candied nuts on top for another delicious dimension. Hope you enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Fruit Tossed Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine (or other green)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 orange (or 2-3 clementines)
- Optional: green onion, candied nuts, etc.
For the strawberry vinaigrette:
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit or replace with water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: agave for sweetness
- Make the dressing: remove stems from strawberries. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add agave for sweetness if desired.
- Chop romaine, strawberries, pineapple, and orange.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and drizzle with dressing.
- Great served with maple-vanilla candied nuts!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this fruit tossed salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more plant based inspiration! (Or this Blueberry Basil Salad Dressing or simple Balsamic Beet & Kale Salad.)