The dressing is simple but flavorful. It only takes a couple minutes to make, and can be stored in the fridge if you’d like to prepare it ahead of time. The salad is great as is, but I also recommend adding these maple-vanilla candied nuts on top for another delicious dimension. Hope you enjoy!
Fruit Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine (or other green)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 orange (or 2-3 clementines)
- Optional: green onion, candied nuts, etc.
For the strawberry vinaigrette:
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit or replace with water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: agave for sweetness
- Make the dressing: remove stems from strawberries. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add agave for sweetness if desired.
- Chop romaine, strawberries, pineapple, and orange.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and drizzle with dressing.
- Great served with maple-vanilla candied nuts!