Summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of fresh taste to this simple summer salad. (Vegan, gluten-free)
This is summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad. The homemade tangy dressing takes only 30 seconds to come together. It’s basically a fancier rendition of this Cucumber Salad that I make all the time. I love it so much and wanted to jazz it up a little.
Feel free to play around with your own favorite herbs, or use a fun, fresh medley of parsley, basil, and cilantro. Another great recipe to customize with your own favorite flavors! (Next time I’m trying it with my Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing!)
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated.)
Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ear of corn
- Handful fresh cilantro (or basil, dill, parsley, etc.)
- Optional: red or green onion
For the dressing
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2-3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Optional: minced garlic
- Boil or steam the corn. (I steam mine in a steamer basket for 5 minutes.) When cooked, carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and avocado, and halve tomatoes. Add to a bowl with the corn.
- Roughly chop your herb of choice (I used cilantro) and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Lightly toss to combine.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this summer salad? Also feel free to check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration! (Or this Avocado Kale Quinoa Power Salad, Fruit Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette, or Wild Rice Spinach Salad.)