Summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of fresh taste to this simple summer salad. (Vegan, gluten-free)
This is summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad. The homemade tangy dressing takes only 30 seconds to come together.
It’s basically a fancier rendition of this Cucumber Salad that I make all the time. I love it so much and wanted to jazz it up a little.
Feel free to play around with your own favorite herbs, or use a fun, fresh medley of parsley, basil, and cilantro.
Another great recipe to customize with your own favorite flavors and additions! (Next time I’m trying it with my Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing!)
Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ear of corn
- Handful fresh cilantro (or basil, dill, parsley, etc.)
- Optional: red or green onion
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2-3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Optional: minced garlic
- Boil or steam the corn. (I steam mine in a steamer basket for 5 minutes.) When cooked, carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and avocado, and halve tomatoes. Add to a bowl with the corn.
- Roughly chop your herb of choice (I used cilantro) and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Lightly toss to combine.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this summer blast salad, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your creations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)