Summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad (vegan, gluten-free)
This is summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad. The homemade tangy dressing takes only 30 seconds to come together. It’s basically a fancier rendition of this Cucumber Salad that I make all the time. I love it so much and wanted to jazz it up a little.
Feel free to play around with your own favorite herbs, or use a combination. Another great recipe to customize with your own favorite flavors! (Next time I’m trying it with my Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing!)
Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
Summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad.
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ear of corn
- Handful fresh cilantro (or basil, dill, parsley, etc.)
- Optional: red or green onion
For the dressing
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2-3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Optional: minced garlic
- Boil or steam the corn. (I steam mine in a steamer basket for 5 minutes.) When cooked, carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and avocado, and halve tomatoes. Add to a bowl with the corn.
- Roughly chop your herb of choice (I used cilantro) and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Lightly toss to combine.
It tastes even better after it marinates in the fridge for an hour or two! To prevent avocado from browning, add it right before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7.5% | Vitamin C: 20.9% | Calcium: 1.9% | Iron: 4.4%
More salad lovin’!