Creamy vanilla soy matcha latte! A cozy and delicious way to get your daily green zenergy and antioxidants. (Vegan, gluten-free)
Matcha! I love experimenting with this amazingly versatile and antioxidant-packed ingredient. My favorite way to prepare matcha is whisked with hot water. But my husband and I recently hopped on the latte train! We’re really enjoying these dreamy, creamy lattes with perfect sweetness.
Plus it’s a wonderful treat in the mornings when we’re lingering around the house. (Or also great for pouring into a thermos to take on-the-go!) Swap out the soy milk for your own favorite plant based milk if you wish – anything will work. Lately I’ve been enjoying these with a combo of hemp and almond milk which is delightful as well. (Also feel free to adjust the sweetness to your taste.) Hope you enjoy these as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte
- 1 1/4 cup organic soymilk (or almond, hemp, coconut, etc.)
- 1 tsp. Encha Organic Matcha (latte-grade)*
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (more/less to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat.
- Bring to a very light boil, whisking occasionally (this creates froth!)
- Add vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk to combine, and turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup water. In a bowl, combine water and matcha. Whisk briskly back and forth to dissolve matcha. (I use a bamboo whisk.)
- Carefully pour milk into matcha and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Learn more about the benefits of matcha by visiting my Matcha Guide.
Enjoying this Soy Matcha Latte? Feel free to also browse the full “Vegan Drinks” recipe archives on the site for more plant based inspiration!