Creamy vanilla soy matcha latte! A cozy and delicious way to get your daily green zenergy and antioxidants. (Vegan, gluten-free)
Matcha! I love experimenting with this amazingly versatile and antioxidant-packed ingredient. My favorite way to prepare matcha is whisked with hot water. But my husband and I recently hopped on the latte train! We’re really enjoying these dreamy, creamy lattes with perfect sweetness.
Plus it’s a wonderful treat in the mornings when we’re lingering around the house. (Or also great for pouring into a thermos to take on-the-go!) Swap out the soy milk for your own favorite plant based milk if you wish – anything will work. Lately I’ve been enjoying these with a combo of hemp and almond milk which is delightful as well. (Also feel free to adjust the sweetness to your taste.) Hope you enjoy these as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte
- 1 1/4 cup organic soymilk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 tsp. Encha Organic Matcha (latte-grade)*
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (more/less to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat.
- Bring to a very light boil, whisking occasionally (this helps create froth).
- Add vanilla and maple syrup to milk. Whisk to combine, then turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, heat water to about 160°F (71°C). In a bowl or wide mug, combine water and matcha. Whisk briskly back and forth to dissolve matcha. (I use a bamboo whisk.)
- Carefully pour milk into matcha and enjoy!