This creamy vegan Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte recipe is so delicious and easy to make. Plus it's dairy-free and naturally sweetened!
This vanilla soy matcha latte is so dreamy and creamy!
Plus it's quick and easy to assemble.
My favorite way to prepare matcha is the traditional method simply whisked with hot water. But we've been enjoying these lattes lately as well.
Ingredients for Soy Matcha Latte
For this recipe you will need just a few simple ingredients:
- Soy milk: I use plain + unsweetened organic soy milk when possible. If yours is flavored and sweetened, then adjust the other flavors as you see fit.
- Matcha powder: Any grade of matcha green tea will work with this recipe (ceremonial grade, latte, or culinary). Be sure to use good quality organic matcha with a bright green color.
- Pure maple syrup: This is my favorite natural sweetener. But feel free to substitute your own favorite or what you have on hand.
- Vanilla extract
Plant milk: Simply swap out the soy milk for your own favorite dairy-free milk if you wish. I have also enjoyed this with homemade cashew milk, or a combination of hemp milk and almond milk which is delightful as well.
Sweetness: Feel free to adjust the sweetness to your taste.
Tip: These are great for pouring into a thermos to take on-the-go as well!
Learn more about the benefits of matcha by visiting my Matcha Guide.
Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte
- 1 1/4 cup organic soymilk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (more/less to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add milk.
- Bring to a very light boil, whisking occasionally (this helps create froth).
- Then add vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk to combine, then turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup water to about 160°F (71°C). In a bowl or wide mug, combine water and matcha. Whisk briskly back and forth to dissolve matcha. (I use a bamboo whisk.)
- Carefully pour milk into matcha and enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this vegan Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte recipe, also feel free to check out:
- Nut and Seed Granola
- Bedtime Golden Turmeric Milk
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse