These fun & colorful quinoa stuffed peppers are a fiesta for the eyes and the mouth 😉 It starts with a delicious (and incredibly easy) Mexican-style quinoa filling with tons of flavor… all stuffed in a pretty pepper package! By the time it takes the quinoa to cook, everything is prepped and ready to go. Then just let the oven do the work!
Customize your Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
While you can follow the recipe below, feel free to also customize it based on your own tastes. It’s a fun recipe to play around with! Swap out the black beans for pinto beans, add a can of diced tomatoes for a juicier filling (we love this!), swap out the quinoa for rice, or add spice with smoky chipotle, etc. Hope you enjoy this recipe also – let the pepper party commence!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup corn (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
Toppings of choice
- Guacamole, salsa, dairy-free sour cream, hot sauce, etc.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions with 1 1/2 cups water/broth. (I often use vegetable broth in place of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, halve bell peppers and remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Rinse and drain black beans, thaw corn, and slice green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except bell peppers. Stir to combine, and adjust taste if necessary (salt, more seasonings, nutritional yeast).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 9×13″ baking dish, place pepper halves, and generously stuff them with the quinoa filling. Lightly press down to compact and fill all the crevices.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve with any desired toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Loving these quinoa stuffed peppers and craving more Mexican-style deliciousness? Also check out the full “Mexican-Inspired Vegan Recipes Archive” on the site!
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)