Fun and colorful Mexican-inspired Quinoa Stuffed Peppers! Easy seasoned quinoa, black beans, and corn are stuffed into these pretty pepper packages for an awesome, healthy meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
These fun & colorful quinoa stuffed peppers are a fiesta for the eyes and the mouth 😉 It starts with a delicious (and incredibly easy) Mexican-inspired quinoa filling with tons of flavor… all stuffed in a pretty pepper package! By the time it takes the quinoa to cook, everything is prepped and ready to go. Then just let the oven do the work.
Customize your Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
While you can follow the recipe below, feel free to also customize it based on your own tastes. Swap out the black beans for pinto beans, add a can of diced tomatoes for a juicier filling (we love this!), exchange the quinoa for rice, or also add spice with smoky chipotle, etc. It’s also great with some restaurant-style blender salsa scooped on top before serving. Hope you enjoy this recipe as well – let the pepper party commence!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa (I like homemade blender salsa)
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
Toppings of choice (optional):
- Guacamole, salsa, vegan cheese or sour cream, hot sauce, fresh cilantro, etc.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions with 1 1/2 cups water/broth. (I often use vegetable broth in place of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, halve bell peppers and remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Rinse and drain black beans, thaw corn, and slice green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except bell peppers. Stir to combine, and adjust taste if necessary (salt, more seasonings, nutritional yeast).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a 9×13″ baking dish, place pepper halves, and generously stuff them with the quinoa filling. Lightly press down to compact and fill all the crevices.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 10 minutes more. (Or longer for softer peppers.)
- Serve with any desired toppings.