Garden Vegetable Soup made with veggies & herbs straight from the garden. Incredibly fresh, versatile, and a beautiful way to enjoy summer produce!
This wonderfully fresh soup is created specifically for summer garden produce. Using seasonal goodness straight from the garden, you can really taste the freshness of this delightful blend.
It's also a highly versatile recipe (see recipe notes for additional ideas). If you're looking for a protein boost, try some white beans, quinoa, or pasta.
Ingredients for Garden Soup
- Gold potato
- Green beans
- Sweet corn
- Fresh herbs (I use basil and parsley)
- White miso (optional but recommended)
The finishing touch is adding fresh herbs (and optional miso) at the end which really maximizes the flavor. I use a combination of basil and parsley but feel free to use your own favorites.
Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large gold potato (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 2 small/medium carrots (or 1 large)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 5 oz. green beans (about 1 heaping cup cut)
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup fresh herbs (I use basil + parsley)
Optional but recommended:
- 1 Tbsp. white miso (to stir in at end)
- Prepare vegetables: dice onion, potato, carrot, zucchini and tomato. Trim and cut green beans into about 1-inch pieces. Carefully cut kernels off corn. Mince garlic.
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 6-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- When onion is translucent, add minced garlic and potato. Stir and sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth, carrot, zucchini, tomato, green beans, and corn. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes (or until potato is tender.)
- Meanwhile, roughly chop fresh herbs. Stir in herbs during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Recommended miso addition: in a small bowl, whisk together miso and 1/4 cup warm water to thin and remove clumps. Add to pot right before serving and stir to combine. (If not using miso, simply salt/pepper to taste as desired.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Garden Vegetable Soup, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)