The magic ingredient is beautiful basil ribbons that bring it all together. Of course feel free to toss in other fresh herbs or mix it up with your own favorite garden veggies. If you’re looking for a protein boost, chickpeas or quinoa are an awesome addition!
Garden Harvest Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 2 ears corn
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth (+2 cups water)
- 2/3 cup fresh basil (or other herbs)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Peas, summer squash, quinoa, white beans, rice, etc.
- Dice onion, bell pepper (stem and core removed), and carrot.
- In a large stockpot over med-high, saute onion, bell pepper, and carrot for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the remaining veggies: mince garlic. Dice zucchini and tomato. Trim and cut green beans into 1-inch pieces. Carefully cut kernels off corn.
- When onion is translucent, add minced garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth, 2 cups water (or broth), tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, and corn. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice basil, and stir in during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste before serving (it really helps bring out the flavors!)