Garden Vegetable Soup made with veggies & herbs straight from the garden. Incredibly fresh, versatile, and a beautiful way to enjoy summer produce!
Summer is here and the produce is flowing! Many people shy away from soup in summer (which I completely understand) but my love for soup runs deep. Even sunshine and higher temperatures can’t keep me from simmering up a fresh batch.
Especially when it’s one specifically created for summer garden produce. Using zucchini, tomato, corn, green beans, carrots, and potato straight from the garden, you can really taste the freshness of this delightful blend.
Plus, the “magic” ingredient is fresh herbs stirred in at the end that brings it all together. I use a combination of basil and parsley but of course feel free to use your own favorites.
It’s also a highly versatile recipe (see recipe notes for additional ideas). And if you’re looking for a protein boost, try some white beans, quinoa, or pasta.
Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large gold potato (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 2 small/medium carrots (or 1 large)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 5 oz. green beans (about 1 heaping cup cut)
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup fresh herbs (I use basil + parsley)
Optional but recommended:
- 1 Tbsp. white miso (to stir in at end)
- Prepare veggies: Dice onion, potato, carrot, zucchini and tomato. Trim and cut green beans into about 1-inch pieces. Carefully cut kernels off corn. Mince garlic.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion for 6-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method.)
- When onion is translucent, add minced garlic and potato. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add broth, carrot, zucchini, tomato, green beans, and corn. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes (or until potato is tender.)
- Meanwhile, roughly chop fresh herbs. Stir in herbs during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Optional miso addition: in a small bowl, whisk together miso and 1/4 cup warm water to thin and remove clumps. Add to pot right before serving and stir to combine. (If not using miso, simply salt/pepper to taste as desired.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Garden Vegetable Soup, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)