Fresh & healthy Kale Greek-inspired Salad with marinated chickpeas! Flavorful, packed with plant-based nutrients, and wonderful for prepared lunches. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This fresh & healthy Greek-inspired Kale Salad is bursting with plant goodness! It feels so hearty and also holds up well in the fridge for leftovers. (Plus it’s great choice for meal prep or make-ahead lunches.)
There’s a nice protein boost from the garbanzo beans and you could sprinkle hemp hearts or other seeds on top as well if desired.
The marinade/dressing is simple, yet full of classic Greek-style flavor. I love the tangy, zingy combination of red wine vinegar and lemon juice.
Feel free to swap out the fresh red bell pepper for jarred roasted bell pepper. Or add kalamata olives, artichokes, or vegan feta. (Violife brand makes a block of vegan feta you can crumble.) Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Kale Greek Salad with Marinated Chickpeas
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 small bunch kale
- 1 cucumber
- 6 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (or 1-2 roasted bell peppers from a jar)
- Optional: kalamata olives, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, vegan feta, fresh herbs
For the lemon-vinegar dressing:
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 fresh garlic clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less as desired)
- In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans. Add to bowl with dressing. Toss well to thoroughly coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the salad.
- Tear or chop kale into small pieces* (large stems removed). Add to a large bowl and lightly massage to tenderize.
- Dice cucumber and bell pepper. Thinly slice onion. Halve/quarter grape tomatoes. Add to bowl with kale.
- Add marinated chickpeas on top with any remaining dressing. Lightly toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors develop even further. (Be sure to stir again before serving as some dressing will settle at the bottom.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Kale Greek Salad and also check out:
- Loaded Greek Salad with Tangy Vinaigrette
- Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Chickpeas
- Marinated Kale Salad
- Super Immunity Power Salad
- Vegan Italian Chopped Salad with Zesty Vinaigrette
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! I love seeing your recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)