This easy 9-ingredient loaded Kale Greek Salad is bursting with plant goodness! It feels so hearty and holds up well in the fridge for leftovers. (Plus it does great for take-along lunches!) There’s a nice protein boost from the chickpeas and you could sprinkle hemp hearts or other seeds on top as well. The dressing is simple, yet full of classic Greek flavor. I love the combo of red wine vinegar and lemon juice! Feel free to swap out the fresh red pepper for roasted, or add olives, artichokes, tofu feta, etc. Wishing you all the happiest, healthiest new year!
Kale Greek Salad
Loaded Kale Greek Salad with only 9 ingredients and a plant-based protein punch!
Servings:8 side servings
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (fresh or roasted)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- Optional: olives, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, tofu feta
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Tear kale into small pieces, stems removed. Add to a large bowl and lightly massage.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over kale, mix well to combine, and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber, bell pepper, thinly slice onion, and halve cherry tomatoes. Add to bowl.
- Rinse and drain beans and add to salad. Toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary – more lemon, vinegar, salt, etc. (I usually like a little extra vinegar.)
- Can serve immediately, or refrigerate to let flavors develop even further.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1380IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.5mg