Loaded Kale Greek Salad with only 9 ingredients and a garbanzo bean protein punch! Fresh, healthy, and great for packed lunches. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This easy 9-ingredient loaded Kale Greek Salad is bursting with plant goodness! It feels so hearty and also holds up well in the fridge for leftovers. (Plus it’s great choice for make-ahead lunches.) There’s a nice protein boost from the garbanzo beans and you could sprinkle hemp hearts or other seeds on top as well.
The dressing is simple, yet full of classic Greek flavor. I love the combo of red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Feel free to swap out the fresh red bell pepper for fire-roasted, or add olives, artichokes, vegan feta, etc. Wishing you all the happiest, healthiest new year!
If you’re looking for more salad inspiration, here are a few similar favorites:
Loaded Greek Salad with Tangy Vinaigrette
Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Chickpeas
Marinated Kale Salad
Super Immunity Power Salad
Vegan Italian Chopped Salad with Zesty Vinaigrette
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing your recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give the recipe a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Kale Greek Salad with Lemon-Vinegar Dressing
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 cucumber
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (or fire-roasted)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- Optional: olives, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, vegan feta
For the lemon-vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less as desired)
- Tear kale into small pieces, stems removed. Add to a large bowl and lightly massage.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over kale, mix well to combine, and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and bell pepper. Thinly slice onion. Halve cherry tomatoes. Add veggies to bowl.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans and add to salad. Toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary – more lemon, vinegar, salt, etc. (I usually enjoy a little extra vinegar.)
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors develop even further.