An easy vegan Greek Salad Wrap recipe made with creamy homemade hummus! So fresh, flavorful, and nourishing. Great for lunch or a light dinner. (Vegan and oil-free with gluten-free option.)
This Greek-inspired Salad Wrap with hummus is so fresh and healthy.
We combine crisp, crunchy veggies with a flavorful, tangy dressing. Then it's topped on a wrap (or pita bread) spread with creamy hummus.
It's so great for a tasty lunch or light dinner.
Plus you can easily customize it to your taste, or add chickpeas for extra protein and fiber!
Ingredients for Greek Salad Wrap
For this recipe you will toss together in a large bowl, then wrap in tortillas:
- Romaine lettuce: You will need one large head romaine lettuce.
- Cucumber: Most often I use a English/hothouse cucumber for this recipe, but you can use a regular garden cucumber or Persian cucumbers if desired.
- Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes: I use these because they are so sweet and flavorful. But you could use roma tomatoes or a garden tomato (juices removed).
- Red onion: Or substitute with green onion (scallion) for a milder taste.
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh dill: This is a really tasty addition to the salad portion. However, you can omit or replace with parsley if desired.
- Hummus: Use your own favorite hummus, either store-bought or homemade. (I like this simple Oil-Free Hummus recipe.) You can either use plain or flavored. Or omit this and simply toss in cooked chickpeas to the salad portion instead.
- Large flour tortillas: I try to use whole grain tortillas when possible. Be sure to use gluten-free if needed. (Or you can use pita bread instead.)
- Greek-style dressing: You will whisk together the dressing in a small bowl or jar. It includes red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice (about a half lemon), Dijon mustard, dried oregano, and a minced garlic clove. You can also add salt and/or black pepper to taste.
Vegetables: Add other veggies as you see fit. A few ideas include radish, green bell pepper, avocado, fresh sprouts (like clover, alfalfa, or broccoli), pepperoncini, baby spinach, etc.
Herbs & seasonings: I like including fresh dill in the salad, and dried oregano in the dressing. However, it's great with other herbs as well. So use your own favorites such as fresh parsley, mint, basil, etc.
Protein: Stir in chickpeas (garbanzo beans), other beans, cooked quinoa, or vegan chicken tenders or strips.
Vegan cheese: Sprinkle in dairy-free crumbled feta cheese or Vegan Parmesan Cheese for extra flavor.
Olive oil: I prepare the dressing oil-free, however you can easily drizzle in a tablespoon of good quality extra-virgin olive oil if you wish.
Make it tortilla-free! You can also enjoy this meal as a salad with a dollop of homemade hummus on top. I love it served this way as well.
Preparing ahead: If you are making this ahead of time for a packed lunch, I suggest assembling your wrap in the morning and enjoying within the same day. The dressing absorbs into the tortilla and can make it a little soggy if stored for too long.
If saving leftovers, I suggest storing the salad and dressing in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator. This helps keep the veggies fresh and crisp. Then simply dress your salad and assemble your wrap when ready to enjoy.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan sandwich & wrap recipes.
Greek Salad Wrap with Hummus
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 English/hothouse cucumber (or other variety)
- 1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes (or roma)
- 1/4 cup red onion (or green onion)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill (and/or parsley)
- 1/2 cup hummus (more/less)
- 5 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Optional: vegan feta cheese, chickpeas, radish, green bell pepper, quinoa
For the Greek-style dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare hummus if making homemade. (Or do this ahead of time.)
- Prepare vegetables: Roughly chop romaine lettuce, dice cucumber, halve/quarter grape tomatoes, dice red onion, and roughly chop olives and dill. Place in a large bowl.
- Make dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and whisk to combine. Salt/pepper to taste if desired.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine.*
- Assemble wraps: Spread a layer of hummus down the center of a wrap. Then spoon salad ingredients on top. Tuck in both ends, and tightly roll up.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this vegan Greek Salad Wrap recipe with hummus, also check out:
- Roasted Veggie Wrap with Hummus
- Garden Vegetable Soup
- Avocado Veggie Sandwich
- Mediterranean Three Bean Salad