Our go-to quick & easy Avocado Sandwich piled high with fresh veggies, sprouts, and creamy mashed avocado. Add baked tofu or tempeh for a protein boost!
I’ve been making this easy (5-10 minute!) sandwich for years. I always figured it was a bit too simple to post on the site. But hey… simple is what we do here, so here goes 🙂 What makes this sandwich special (plus delicious) is the combo of mashed avocado on one half, and mustard or hummus on the other. Not only are they both really flavorful, but also act as a helpful “glue” keeping the veggies in place.
I often add thin slices of savory baked tofu as well which adds awesome flavor and a protein boost. Or you can change it up with some vegan mayo or cheese (big fan of the Follow Your Heart brand – they’ve got some pretty tasty options!) No matter how you like to stack it, these are always a great, classic choice for on-the-go lunches, picnics, and quick meals at home. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your delicious recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Avocado Veggie Sandwich
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small roma tomato
- Red onion (a few slices)
- Cucumber (a few slices)
- Small handful baby spinach
- Favorite hummus or mustard (spicy brown, Dijon, etc.)
- Optional: alfalfa/clover sprouts, sauerkraut, grated carrot, other veggies of choice, or baked tofu!
- Toast your bread.
- Meanwhile, slice tomato, cucumber, and onion.
- With a fork, mash avocado on one slice of toasted bread.
- On the other slice, spread mustard (or hummus).
- Layer up your veggies between the two slices, place halves together, and enjoy!