I often add thin slices of savory baked tofu as well which adds awesome flavor and a protein boost. Or you can change it up with some vegan mayo or cheese (big fan of the Follow Your Heart brand – they’ve got some pretty tasty options!) No matter how you like to stack it, these are always a great, classic choice for on-the-go lunches, picnics, and quick meals at home.
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a photo if you make this! I’d love to see your favorite combos as well!
Avocado Veggie Sandwich
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small roma tomato
- Red onion (a few slices)
- Cucumber (a few slices)
- Small handful baby spinach
- Favorite hummus or mustard (spicy brown, Dijon, etc.)
- Optional: alfalfa/clover sprouts, sauerkraut, grated carrot, other veggies of choice, or baked tofu!
- Toast your bread.
- Meanwhile, slice tomato, cucumber, and onion.
- With a fork, mash avocado on one slice of toasted bread.
- On the other slice, spread mustard (or hummus).
- Layer up your veggies between the two slices, place halves together, and enjoy!