The best part is you can load it up with all your favorite taco toppings before serving. It’s a fun, family-friendly meal that works great for kids & crowds – just double the recipe if needed for more. Hope you love it as much as we do!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your recreations.
Black Bean Lentil Taco Soup
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup brown lentils (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I like petite)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn (I use organic frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Cilantro, fresh tomato, avocado, tortilla strips, dairy-free cheese, green onion, hot sauce
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion in 3 Tbsp. broth/water for about 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and make the taco seasoning.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning. Saute 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a light boil.
- Rinse lentils and add to stockpot. Once lightly boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. (Add more broth/water if desired.)
- Rinse and drain black beans. Stir in black beans and corn during last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve with any desired toppings.