EASY Lentil Taco Soup with black beans! A family-friendly meal that everyone can load up with their own favorite taco toppings. (Vegan, gluten-free)
You could say I’m easily excitable over food, but some recipes I get extra excited about. This Lentil Taco Soup is one of those recipes. It’s super easy, yet incredibly flavorful (and so pretty)! I’m always looking for more ways to work in lentils (read: they’re inexpensive and packed with awesome nutrients) and this simple soup is one of my favorites. Plus I love that it’s another great use for my homemade taco seasoning blend. A quick & easy way to infuse those delicious fiesta flavors!
The best part is you can load it up with all your favorite taco toppings before serving. It’s a fun, family-friendly meal that works great for kids & crowds – just double the recipe if needed for more. (We also enjoy some of these same flavors in the Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.) Hope you love it as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Black Bean Lentil Taco Soup
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup brown lentils (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I like petite)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn (I use organic frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Cilantro, fresh tomato, avocado, tortilla strips, dairy-free cheese, green onion, hot sauce
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion in 3 Tbsp. broth/water for about 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and make the taco seasoning.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning. Saute 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a light boil.
- Rinse lentils and add to stockpot. Once lightly boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. (Add more broth/water if desired.)
- Rinse and drain black beans. Stir in black beans and corn during last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve with any desired toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Lentil Taco Soup? Feel free to check out more plant-based soup inspiration in the full “Vegan Soup” recipe archives on the site! (Or more black bean goodness in this roundup of 50 Awesome Vegan Black Bean Recipes.)