Vegan Creamy Chipotle Sauce with garlic and lime! Gives a nice, zesty kick to tacos, burritos, tostadas, quesadillas, baked potatoes, veggie burgers, and more.
This zesty chipotle sauce with garlic and lime will rock your taste buds when drizzled on tacos, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, baked potatoes, burgers, etc.
The smoky flavor of chipotle adds so much depth, and gives a nice kick that's not overly spicy. We especially enjoy it drizzled on these Black Bean Burrito Bowls.
Ingredients for Chipotle Sauce
For this recipe you will need:
- Vegan yogurt, plain & unsweetened. I mostly use coconut yogurt, but any should work.
- Chipotle in adobo sauce. This typically comes in a small can.
- Adobo sauce. This provides lots of great flavor but much less heat than the actual chipotle peppers.
- Fresh lime juice
- Ground cumin
The recipe uses one chipotle so if I don't plan on using the remaining chipotles anytime soon, I remove the seeds, dice them, and freeze them for later.
A little goes a long way, so add the chipotles according to your palette. For a less spicy option, you can add only the adobo sauce and omit the actual chipotle peppers.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt, plain & unsweetened (or 2/3 cup silken tofu)
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin (more to taste)
- Salt to taste if desired
- Optional: agave or other sweetener if desired
- Scrape away the seeds from the chipotle with a knife. (Use caution when handling chipotle and wash your hands well when finished.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend/pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings/consistency as necessary or add salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this vegan creamy chipotle sauce, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)