Easy vegan Lentil Taco Soup with black beans! A protein-packed meal that everyone can load up with their own favorite taco toppings. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This Bean & Lentil Taco Soup is easy to make and so cozy & satisfying. It's a great source of plant-based nutrients and protein. We use a simple homemade taco seasoning blend to infuse some delicious fiesta-style flavors.
Plus everyone can load theirs up with their favorite taco toppings before serving. So it's a fun family-friendly meal that works great for kids and crowds.
Ingredients for Taco Bean Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Green/brown lentils
- Diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted if desired)
- Black beans
- Sweet corn
- Vegetable broth
- Taco seasoning (I use my homemade taco seasoning blend)
Then add any desired toppings such as hot sauce, avocado, fresh cilantro, crumbled tortilla chips, vegan cheese shreds, vegan sour cream, etc.
Black Bean Lentil Taco Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup green/brown lentils (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted, petite diced, etc.)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn (I use organic frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Cilantro, fresh tomato, avocado, tortilla strips, vegan cheese shreds, green onion, hot sauce
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 6-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and make the taco seasoning.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a light boil.
- Rinse lentils and add to stockpot. Once lightly boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. (Add more broth/water if desired.)
- Rinse and drain black beans. Stir in black beans and corn during last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve with any desired toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Vegan Bean & Lentil Taco Soup, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)