Super-satisfying Roasted Vegetable Orzo tossed in a garlic-balsamic vinaigrette! Easy to modify, full of flavor, and great for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc.
We love this dish! Flavorful roasted veggies are tossed with fun-to-eat orzo, and finished with a quick & easy garlic balsamic herb dressing. It’s only 9 simple ingredients, but bursting with beautiful colors, flavors, and textures galore. Plus it’s an easy recipe to modify based on your own favorites (or whatever is in season). You can also try it with eggplant, asparagus, fresh herbs, or top it with some dairy-free feta or olives for a tangy, salty pop. (Yum!)
This dish is not only versatile in ingredients, but flexible in serving & usage too. You can either serve it right away while it’s warm, or chill in the fridge for later. It’s a great make-ahead meal to stash away for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, BBQ’s, other gatherings, etc. (We also enjoy this Lemon Garlic Orzo with Asparagus in the springtime!)
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations.
Roasted Vegetable Orzo with Garlic-Balsamic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small onion (or 1/2 large)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or cherry/grape tomatoes)
For the garlic-balsamic dressing
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Fresh parsley, basil, chives, dairy-free feta, olives
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper (or Silpat).
- Dice zucchini, onion, and bell peppers (cored) into small, bite-sized pieces. Halve/quarter mushrooms.
- Place them all on the baking pan and salt if desired. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package instructions. (I simmer mine about 8-12 minutes or until tender.)
- While orzo is cooking, make the dressing: mince garlic, and add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
- When orzo is finished cooking, drain and place in large bowl with the tomatoes.
- Immediately add the dressing and toss to combine.
- When vegetables are done roasting, add to bowl and stir.
- Salt to taste (or add more vinegar if desired.) Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Roasted Vegetable Orzo? Feel free to check out the full “Vegan Recipe” archives on the site for more plant-based inspiration!
(Or this one-pan Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas or Roasted Vegetable Pasta for more easy roasted vegetable goodness!)