This creamy Vegan Avocado Cilantro Sauce is quick and easy to make! It is a flavorful addition to enchiladas, tacos, nachos, taquitos, burritos, and more.
This easy, creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce is full of so much fresh flavor and zing.
It works well as a tasty, healthy condiment for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired dishes.
Try it as a dipping sauce for taquitos, or dolloped on tacos, nachos, and burritos as a healthier alternative to sour cream.
It adds instant flavor and so much creaminess!
Ingredients for Avocado Cilantro Sauce
For this recipe you will blend in a high-speed blender or small food processor:
- Avocado: The creamy texture of avocado is perfect for creating a rich and healthy sauce.
- Fresh cilantro
- Yellow onion: Or shallot.
- Garlic clove
- Vegetable broth: Use low sodium if preferred.
- Fresh lime juice
- White wine vinegar: Or substitute with apple cider vinegar.
- Ground cumin
- Salt: I use fine grain salt for this recipe.
Make it spicy: The sauce isn't spicy, so kick it up if desired. Jalapeño, a dash of cayenne pepper, or chipotle powder to taste would all work great.
Make ahead: You can even make this in advance, then store covered in the fridge until ready to use. (This also gives the flavors a chance to develop more as well.) We find it keeps well for about 3 days.
For more inspiration, also browse all sauce and seasoning recipes.
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup onion or shallot (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth (more if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: add jalapeño, cayenne pepper, or ground chipotle for a spicy kick
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. (If it's too thick, add a small amount of broth or water to thin to desired consistency.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. (More salt, cumin, vinegar, lime, garlic, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Avocado Cilantro Sauce, also check out:
- Southwestern Black Bean Salad with Citrus Dressing
- Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse