Creamy and delicious Vegan Avocado Cilantro Sauce! Quick & easy to make, and fantastic on enchiladas, tacos, nachos, taquitos, and burritos.
This easy, creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce is full of fresh flavor and zing. It works well as a tasty, healthy condiment for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired dishes.
Try it as a dipping sauce for taquitos, or dolloped on tacos, nachos, and burritos as a healthier alternative to sour cream. It adds instant flavor and creaminess!
Ingredients for Avocado Sauce
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh cilantro
- Yellow onion (or shallot)
- Vegetable broth
- Fresh lime juice
- White wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Ground cumin
The sauce isn't spicy, so kick it up if desired. Jalapeño, cayenne pepper, or chipotle powder would all work great.
You can even make it ahead of time and simply store covered in the fridge until ready to use. (Which also gives the flavors a chance to develop more as well.)
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup onion or shallot (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth (more if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: add jalapeño, cayenne pepper, or ground chipotle for a spicy kick
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. (If it's too thick, add a small amount of broth or water to thin to desired consistency.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. (More salt, cumin, vinegar, lime, garlic, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Avocado Cilantro Sauce? Also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)