An easy, nutrient-packed, vegan Lentil Spinach Burrito! So simple to make, satisfying, and great for busy weeknights.
This easy, 8 ingredient lentil burrito is a great meal for busy weeknights!
It is filled with lots of healthy plant-based nutrients that help keep us satisfied and energized.
Plus it is simple to make.
The ingredients and flavors are similar to my favorite Lentil Spinach Soup recipe, but this time in delicious burrito form!
We make this dish often because it is so simple, flavorful, and pleasantly filling.
Plus lentils are a great source of protein, fiber, and nutrients. (And not to mention inexpensive making it a budget-friendly choice.)
I also enjoy pulling the leftovers out of the fridge for quick snacks or as a protein-packed chip dip. Hope you enjoy as well!
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan lentil recipes.
Lentil Spinach Burritos
- 1 cup green/brown lentils (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 oz. baby spinach (or more)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 large tortillas
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Cook lentils: pour about 4-5 cups water and lentils in a saucepan. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well in a colander.*
- While lentils are cooking, dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, sauté onion for 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and oregano. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Add cooked lentils and tomatoes with juice. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and let cook 1-2 minutes to slightly wilt. Salt to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto tortillas, and top with more fresh spinach if desired. Roll up tightly, tucking in one or both ends.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these Lentil Spinach Burritos, also feel free to check out:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated - thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.