Roasted peas with tender mushrooms and bright tomato! This simple, healthy side dish is filled with beautiful color and plant-based nutrients. It is a lovely combination that also works with a variety of meals.
This beautiful plus incredibly easy recipe is adapted from Sara Foster's "Fresh Every Day Cookbook". (Which is not a vegan cookbook, but includes a handful of plant-forward recipes that I can adapt.)
This dish is such a unique, interesting blend that works as a flavorful, fresh side dish for a variety of meals.
Ingredients for Roasted Peas
For this recipe you will need:
- Bag of frozen peas
- Mushrooms: I use cremini, but white button will work too.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Olive oil: Or omit for oil-free.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Assembly is quick and easy. Simply combine all of the sliced veggies with a bag of frozen peas on a sheet pan. Then let the oven do the work!
We also enjoy tossing it with fresh parsley before serving for added flavor and freshness.
Roasted Peas with Mushroom & Tomato
- 16 oz. bag frozen peas
- 8 oz. mushrooms (or pre-sliced to save time)
- 8 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 large)
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional, omit for oil-free)
- Salt/pepper to taste
Garnish for topping (optional):
- Fresh parsley (or other herbs of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Prepare vegetables: rinse and drain frozen peas. Thinly slice red onion, and slice mushrooms. Halve tomatoes. Place veggies with tomatoes in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil*, season with salt/pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking pan. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish or toss with fresh chopped parsley before serving if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this roasted frozen peas with mushroom + tomato, also check out: