This vegan Black Bean Cashew Queso dip is healthy, creamy, and satisfying! Deliciously "cheesy" and great for dipping your favorite tortilla chips.
This vegan Black Bean Cashew Queso dip is simple to prepare and deliciously "cheesy".
Cashews, nutritional yeast, and black beans combine for satisfying, healthier dip. Just grab your favorite tortilla chips and dive in!
Plus it is a versatile recipe you can adapt to make it your own. Add bell pepper, diced tomatoes, salsa, jalapeño, green chiles, or even chipotle for a smoky kick.
We love ours garnished with tomatoes and green onions.
Ingredients for Cashew Queso
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Black beans
- Raw cashews
- Nutritional yeast: This provides the rich, savory, "cheesy" flavor.
- Vegetable broth
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Ground turmeric: This gives it a nice classic yellow color.
- Apple cider vinegar
Black Bean Cashew Queso
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can black beans
For the vegan cheese sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Soak cashews for at least an hour* (or overnight). Drain and rinse.
- Make the cheese sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion for about 7-8 minutes or until soft. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add black beans and blended cheese sauce. Heat over medium-low for about 8 minutes, stirring often, until sauce has thickened.
- Best served warm.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Black Bean Cashew Queso, also feel free to check out: