Easy & satisfying Vegan Quinoa Burrito! Tasty fajita-style veggies combined with taco-seasoned quinoa, black beans, and your favorite toppings. Great for meal prep, plus they're freezer-friendly.
These tasty vegan quinoa burritos are a versatile & satisfying weeknight meal. They're filled with protein-rich black beans and quinoa, plus flavorful fajita-style bell peppers and onion.
The recipe makes a large amount (enough for 8 large burritos) so it's a great choice for batch cooking, meal prep, or freezer meals. Enjoy some now, then save some for later!
How to make a Quinoa Burrito
Scroll down to see the full recipe, but here's a quick breakdown:
- Make a batch of taco seasoning (if using homemade)
- Cook the quinoa (I like to use vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Slice the bell pepper + onion, then sauté with taco seasoning
- Combine cooked quinoa + black beans + tomatoes in a bowl
- Then assemble your burritos with your favorite toppings! (I love homemade blender salsa and guacamole.)
Either enjoy them throughout the week, or freeze some for later.
You can also omit the tortillas, and turn these into burrito bowls piled high with your favorite toppings.
It's a versatile recipe so change it up with other veggies (like mushrooms, corn, zucchini) or swap out the quinoa for rice.
Black Bean & Quinoa Fajita Burrito
For the black bean & quinoa mix:
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I like fire-roasted with green chiles)
For the fajita vegetables:
- 1 yellow onion (or any color)
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic, optional
- Make taco seasoning (if using homemade). This recipe uses 1 full batch.
- Cook the quinoa: in a small saucepan, add 1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained), 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning, and 1 1/2 cups water or (vegetable broth). Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice onion and bell pepper.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and bell pepper with 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth/water for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- When quinoa is done cooking, add to a large bowl. Then add black beans (rinsed and drained) and diced tomatoes (drained of excess juice). Stir well to combine.
- Assemble the burritos: spoon the quinoa mixture, onion/pepper, and salsa (and other toppings of choice) down the middle of your tortillas. Roll up, tucking in both sides.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this vegan quinoa burrito, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram then share a photo if you make these! I love seeing your beautiful recreations.(Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)