Summer fresh Tomato Fettuccine with Herbs! Tossed in a flavorful and easy garlic-balsamic dressing.
It’s that lovely time of year again for garden tomatoes! This recipe is absolutely beautiful in the summer with ripe tomatoes. Plus it’s paired with a small mountain of herbs for extra freshness. I adapted this from a recipe my mom found printed in a local newspaper, so unfortunately proper credit past that eludes me. However it’s become one of my summertime favorites!
How to Make Tomato Fettuccine
While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the garlic-balsamic dressing. Then dice the fresh veggies & herbs and place them in a large bowl. When the pasta is cooked, simply toss everything together and it’s ready to go! I also love that this recipe is basically done in the time it takes the pasta to cook.
Plus it’s great served warm right away, at room temp, or even chilled. To also make it gluten-free, simply swap in your favorite gluten-free pasta. (There are so many delicious gluten-free pastas on the market now! I love organic brown rice & quinoa blends. They hold up well, plus are nutrient-packed.) We’re also big garlic and basil lovers, so I like to add a little extra to suit our taste. Hope you enjoy it as well! It does make a large batch so reduce or halve if desired.
PS – also come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Fresh Tomato Fettuccine with Balsamic & Herbs
- 1 lb. fettuccine (gluten-free if desired)
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
For the garlic-balsamic dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mince garlic. Then add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and red onion. Chop parsley (stems removed), and julienne basil.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley.
- Add pasta to bowl and pour dressing over top and lightly toss to combine.
- Serve warm, cold, or room temp.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Tomato Fettuccine, feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration.