Our favorite lunch! This easy, healthy Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon only takes 5 minutes to whip up – and no cooking! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
I wasn’t always on the avocado train. But now? I’m all aboard. And this is the recipe that turned me. One bite and you’ll see chickpeas and avocado were meant to be together.
I like to keep it deliciously simple with just 3 ingredients: chickpeas, avocado, and lemon. It’s healthy, filling, and comes together in 5 minutes. Our perfect lunch!
Oftentimes, my daughter and I grab a couple spoons and eat it right out of the bowl until it’s gone. But you can eat it with crackers, on top of flatbreads, in pitas, or as a sandwich, etc.
This also works great as a base recipe to play around with other flavors and add-ins you love. I’ve made a cilantro-lime version which is great as well.
Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 Tbsp. or more to taste)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and place in a bowl. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out the avocado and place in bowl.
- Mash again to combine with the chickpeas.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Chickpea Avocado Mash, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)