Our favorite lunch! This easy, healthy Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon only takes 5 minutes to whip up - with no cooking involved! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Hearty chickpeas and creamy avocado are a beautiful match. This recipe is deliciously simple with just 3 ingredients: chickpeas, avocado, and fresh lemon juice.
It's healthy, filling, and comes together in 5 minutes. We've been making it for years and it's our perfect lunch or after school snack!
How to Serve this Chickpea Mash
My daughter and I often just grab a couple spoons and eat it right out of the bowl. But you can serve it:
- As a dip with crackers or chips
- In a sandwich with your favorite toppings
- On top of flatbreads
- In pita bread
I've also made a cilantro lime version which is great as well!
Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 Tbsp. or more to taste)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and place in a bowl. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out the avocado and place in bowl.
- Mash again to combine with the chickpeas.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this vegan Chickpea Avocado Mash, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)