We love this delicious, satisfying meal! While the veggies are roasting to perfection, you can cook the pasta and whip up the quick and easy garlic-balsamic dressing. This would be an awesome meal in the summer too with grilled veggies instead of roasted. And with some fresh basil on top? YUM.
PS – if you’re looking for more pasta deliciousness, try another one my favorites: Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta!
Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Garlic & Balsamic
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 2 bell peppers (I used red, orange)
- 1 onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 16 oz. pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid from pasta
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- Salt to taste
For the garlic-balsamic dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prep the veggies: chop eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and onion into about 3/4-inch chunks. Halve the mushrooms.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. (You may need two pans to space out the veggies enough.) Spread out veggies on pan and season with salt. Roast for about 35-40 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain.
- While pasta is cooking, dice tomatoes and make the dressing: combine vinegar, olive oil (if using), basil, and garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the cooked, drained pasta in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, pasta water, roasted veggies, then the dressing. Toss to combine.