Easy asparagus and mushroom stir-fry with a tasty, simple garlic sauce! Beautiful pairing for your Asian-inspired meals! (Vegan, gluten-free)
This simple, flavorful dish is a great side for any Asian-inspired meal. You can also turn it into a main course with Baked Tofu, tempeh, or other protein of choice.
Change it up with your own favorite stir-fry ingredients. Snow peas, onion, bell pepper, baby bok choy, broccoli, celery, bean sprouts, etc. are all delicious in this. (I simply used two of my favorites with asparagus and mushroom.)
The sauce runs fairly thin, so if you’d like a thicker sauce add arrowroot, cornstarch, or other thickening agent (like in this Broccoli with Asian-Style Garlic Sauce). It works great either way.
I feel the thinner sauce works nicely when serving with rice because the juices merge everything together. Hope you enjoy!
Asparagus Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 lb. mushrooms (I use cremini*)
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
For the garlic sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (optional – for a thicker sauce)
- Make the sauce: mince garlic, and add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Halve or quarter the mushrooms, and cut the asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp. sesame oil.
- When hot, carefully add the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus. Stirring often, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook for a couple more minutes, or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Spoon any remaining sauce over the vegetables before serving if desired. Great paired with rice or quinoa.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Asparagus Stir Fry, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)