Easy asparagus and mushroom stir-fry with a tasty, simple garlic sauce! Beautiful pairing for your Asian-inspired meals! (Vegan, gluten-free)
I’ve got a little news to share before we dive face first into this delicious plate. I finally put The Garden Grazer on Instagram! Woop! Come join and tag me with any recipes you make – I’d LOVE to see what you guys are cooking up! And now back to your regularly scheduled programming… 🙂
This simple, flavorful dish is a great side for any Asian-inspired meal. You can also turn it into a main course with tofu, tempeh, or other protein of your choice. Of course feel free to change it up using your own favorite stir-fry ingredients. Snow peas, onion, bell pepper, bok choy, broccoli, celery, bean sprouts, etc. are all awesome in this. I used two of my very favorites this time with asparagus and mushroom.
The sauce is pretty thin, so if you’d like a thicker sauce add arrowroot, cornstarch, or other thickening agent (like in this Broccoli with Asian Garlic Sauce). Works great either way! The thin sauce works nice when serving with rice because the juices merge everything together. Hope you enjoy!
(We also love this easy Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry as well!)
Asparagus & Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 lb. mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
For the garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (for a thicker sauce)
- Make the sauce: mince garlic, and add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Halve or quarter the mushrooms, and cut the asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok over med-high heat, add 2 Tbsp. sesame oil.
- When hot, carefully add the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus. Stirring often, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook for a couple more minutes, or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- When serving, there will be sauce remaining in the pan that I like to spoon over the veggies (or rice/quinoa if you’re using!)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Asparagus Stir Fry? Feel free to also check out the full “Asian-Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more plant-based inspiration! Or another one of our stir-fry favorites: Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry