Warmly satisfying Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup with a silky, golden broth. Super flavorful yet minimal prep and just 7 ingredients. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
I love cozy, warming meals. And this simple 7-ingredient soup only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. It quickly develops a silky, golden broth that’s rich with flavor (and not to mention packed with veggies). I love the challenge of making a recipe as simple as possible without skimping on flavor. For this soup, you just chop a few veggies, throw everything together in a pot, and simmer to golden perfection. That’s it!
Curry powder is the wonderful ingredient that brings it all together. It’s such a beautiful spice blend that adds instant coziness and flavor. (We also love curry powder in this Curried Orange Rice Salad and Vegan Butter Chickpeas as well.) Serve this soup as is, mixed with brown rice, or with warm pita/naan bread. (Which is lovely dipped in the flavorful, silky broth.) Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium gold potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I use regular, unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups peas (I use frozen)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Baby spinach (to stir in at the end)
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Dice carrot and potatoes. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except frozen peas (and spinach if using).
- Bring to a light boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through).
- Stir in frozen peas (and spinach if using). Heat for 2 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.