Warmly satisfying Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup with a silky, golden broth. Super flavorful yet minimal prep and just 7 ingredients. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
I love cozy, warming meals, and this simple 7-ingredient soup only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. It quickly develops a silky, golden broth that’s rich with flavor (and not to mention packed with veggies).
I enjoy the challenge of making a recipe as simple as possible without skimping on flavor. For this soup, you chop a few veggies, throw everything together in a pot, and then simmer to golden perfection.
Curry powder is the wonderful ingredient that brings it all together. It’s such a beautiful spice blend that adds instant coziness and flavor. We also enjoy curry powder in:
Feel free to serve this soup with with warm pita/naan bread because it’s lovely dipped in the flavorful, silky broth.
Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium gold potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I use regular, unsweetened)
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. curry powder (1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups peas (I use frozen)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Baby spinach (to stir in at the end)
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Dice carrot and potatoes. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except frozen peas (and spinach if using).
- Bring to a light boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through).
- Stir in frozen peas (and spinach if using). Heat for 2 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Vegetable Curry Soup, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)