Warmly satisfying Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup with a silky, golden broth. Super flavorful yet minimal prep and just 7 ingredients. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
I love cozy, warming meals, and this simple 7-ingredient soup only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. It quickly develops a silky, golden broth that’s rich with flavor (and not to mention packed with veggies). I enjoy the challenge of making a recipe as simple as possible without skimping on flavor. For this soup, you chop a few veggies, throw everything together in a pot, and then simmer to golden perfection.
Curry powder is the wonderful ingredient that brings it all together. It’s such a beautiful spice blend that adds instant coziness and flavor. (We also love curry powder in this Coconut Curry Lentil Soup, Curried Orange Rice Salad and Vegan Butter Chickpeas as well.) Serve this soup with with warm pita/naan bread which is lovely dipped in the flavorful, silky broth. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium gold potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I use regular, unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups peas (I use frozen)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Baby spinach (to stir in at the end)
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Dice carrot and potatoes. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except frozen peas (and spinach if using).
- Bring to a light boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through).
- Stir in frozen peas (and spinach if using). Heat for 2 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Vegetable Curry Soup, also feel free to check out this cozy Vegetable Barley Soup as well!