This soothing Bedtime Golden Milk Latte is warmly spiced with cinnamon, vanilla and a hint of sweetness. It’s our ultimate cozy nighttime drink. (That’s also said to help promote more restful sleep!)
Have you tried golden milk lattes? We love this warm, comforting drink. Interestingly, I do seem to sleep more restfully when including it in my nighttime routine. (Usually enjoying a couple hours before bedtime.) The earthy turmeric, hint of sweetness, and notes of cinnamon & vanilla are wonderfully soothing. Play around to find your own favorite flavors! Or also add ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, etc.
What is turmeric?
This beautiful yellow spice has long been a staple in Indian cuisine. (Plus traditional Ayurvedic medicine uses it to treat & prevent a wide variety of conditions.) Curcumin is the active component, and various studies show it supports digestion and enhances immune function. Plus, it also contains antioxidants and reduces inflammation.
So this bedtime milk has been a wonderful addition to our routine as I continually try to find new ways to enjoy turmeric – hope you enjoy it too. (I love this Turmeric Noodle Soup as well!)
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing your recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Bedtime Golden Turmeric Milk
- 2 cups soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I use Ceylon cinnamon)
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger (or freshly grated), cardamom
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Heat for about 5-6 minutes until milk is hot, whisking occasionally.
- Take care not to boil (only warm & lightly simmer until the spices are dissolved).
- Carefully pour into a mug and enjoy! Breathe deep, sip slow, be well.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)