Soothing Turmeric Milk Latte! Deliciously spiced with cinnamon, vanilla and a hint of sweetness. Our ultimate cozy nighttime drink that’s said to also help promote more restful sleep.
Have you tried turmeric milk lattes? We love this warm, soothing drink. I notice I do sleep more restfully when including it in my nighttime routine. (Usually drinking a couple hours before sleep.) The nutritional benefits are wonderful. Plus it tastes so comforting! Earthy turmeric. A hint of sweetness. Notes of cinnamon & vanilla. Yum!
Turmeric’s popularity is really picking up momentum. Historically however, it’s long been a staple in Indian cuisine. It’s also widely used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat and prevent a wide variety of conditions. Due to it’s active component, curcumin, studies show turmeric supports digestion, and enhances immune and liver function. Plus, it also contains antioxidants and reduces inflammation. (I love it in Turmeric Noodle Soup as well. So flavorful with garlic, ginger, and miso.) Hope you also enjoy! Sip and be well. 🙂
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up. (Especially when it’s this bright, beautiful color!)
Bedtime Golden Turmeric Milk
- 2 cups soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric (more as desired)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I use Ceylon cinnamon)
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (more to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger (or freshly grated), cardamom
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Heat for about 5-6 minutes until milk is hot, whisking occasionally.
- Take care not to boil (only warm & lightly simmer until the spices are dissolved).
- Carefully pour into a mug and enjoy! Breathe deep, sip slow, be well.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)