This creamy vegan Avocado Basil Dressing recipe is tasty on salads, and also as a vegetable dip! It's easy to make with fresh flavors. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This creamy avocado dressing is so fresh and tasty!
The lemon and basil pair great together with the ultra-creamy avocado base.
Then we add a delightful tanginess from the garlic and white wine vinegar.
Ingredients for Avocado Dressing
For this recipe you will blend in a high speed blender or small food processor:
- Avocado: Avocados have a smooth, buttery texture and rich flavor which is perfect for this creamy dressing and dip.
- Fresh lemon juice: We will need about three tablespoons for this recipe, which is about one lemon.
- Fresh basil: Or you can play around with other fresh herbs in this dressing like parsley, dill, cilantro, or a combination.
- Garlic cloves
- White wine vinegar: Or you can substitute apple cider vinegar.
- Olive oil: Or for an oil-free option, simply omit this and replace with water as needed to thin.
- Agave: Or use another sweetener of choice like pure maple syrup.
- Salt and water
Salad dressing: Spoon it over your favorite salads. I enjoy it on a fresh "rainbow-style" salad (pictured below). Combine colorful vegetables like romaine, carrot, yellow bell pepper, grape tomato, shredded purple cabbage, and whatever else sounds good!
Veggie dip: Serve it on a platter with vegetable sticks like celery, carrot, bell pepper, radish, cucumber, etc.
Store in a sealed container or glass mason jar in the refrigerator. I find it keeps for about 4 days.
Making ahead: You can also prepare this in advance. Then let it chill in the fridge to let the flavors further combine. (Otherwise it's great served immediately as well!)
Looking for more? Try this oil-free Creamy Garden Herb Dressing as well!
Creamy Avocado Basil Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust flavors as desired or add more salt to taste. Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this vegan creamy avocado basil dressing and dip, also check out: