This creamy vegan avocado dressing is tasty on salads, and also as a vegetable dip! It's easy to make with fresh flavors of lemon and basil.
This creamy avocado dressing is so fresh and tasty! Lemon & basil pair great with the avocado base. Then there's a delightful tanginess from the garlic and white wine vinegar.
I use this dressing for the Rainbow Chopped Salad, but we also enjoy it as a vegetable dip.
Ingredients for Vegan Avocado Dressing
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh basil
- White wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Olive oil (omit for oil-free and replace with water as needed to thin)
- Agave (or other sweetener)
- Salt & water
You can also make it ahead of time, then let it chill in the fridge to let flavors further combine. (Otherwise it's great served immediately as well.)
For more inspiration, browse all salad dressing recipes.
Creamy Vegan Avocado Dressing & Dip
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust flavors as desired or add more salt to taste. Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan avocado dressing, also check out:
- Garlic-Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette (Oil Free)
- Lentil Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Garden Herb Dressing (Oil Free)
Please leave a review and star rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.