This creamy vegan Avocado Basil Dressing recipe is tasty on salads, and also as a vegetable dip! It's easy to make with fresh flavors. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This creamy avocado dressing is so fresh and tasty!
The lemon and basil pair great together with the ultra-creamy avocado base.
Then we add a delightful tanginess from the garlic and white wine vinegar.
Ingredients for Avocado Dressing
For this recipe you will blend in a high speed blender or small food processor:
- Avocado: Avocados have a smooth, buttery texture and rich flavor which is perfect for this creamy dressing and dip.
- Fresh lemon juice: We will need about three tablespoons for this recipe, which is about one lemon.
- Fresh basil: Or you can play around with other fresh herbs in this dressing like parsley, dill, cilantro, or a combination.
- Garlic cloves
- White wine vinegar: Or you can substitute apple cider vinegar.
- Olive oil: Or for an oil-free option, simply omit this and replace with water as needed to thin.
- Agave: Or use another sweetener of choice like pure maple syrup.
- Salt and water
Making ahead: You can also prepare this in advance. Then simply let it chill in the fridge to let the flavors further combine. (Otherwise it's great served immediately as well!)
I use this dressing for the Rainbow Chopped Salad (pictured below) but we also enjoy it as a vegetable dip.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. We find it keeps for about 3-4 days.
Looking for more? Try this oil-free Creamy Garden Herb Dressing as well!
For more inspiration, also browse all salad dressing recipes or basil recipes.
Creamy Avocado Basil Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust flavors as desired or add more salt to taste. Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan creamy avocado basil dressing and dip, also check out:
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook for more updates and inspiration.
OMG! This is so good!!!
Wonderful to hear, Sherry! Thanks for giving it a try and sharing your kind feedback!
Excellent! Reminds me of a pesto dressing!
Great to hear - thank you!
How long can this be kept?
Kaitlin | The Garden Grazer
We've had it in the fridge for 3-4 days, so anything past that I'm not sure!