This creamy vegan Avocado Basil Dressing is tasty on salads, and also as a vegetable dip! It is easy to make with fresh flavors. (Gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This creamy avocado dressing is so fresh and tasty.
The lemon and basil flavors pair great with the ultra-creamy avocado base.
Then there is a delightful tanginess from the garlic and white wine vinegar.
Ingredients for Avocado Dressing
For this recipe you will blend in a high speed blender or small food processor:
- Avocado: Avocados have a smooth, buttery texture and rich flavor which is perfect for this creamy dressing and dip.
- Fresh lemon juice: You will need about one lemon for this recipe.
- Fresh basil: Or you can play around with other fresh herbs in this dressing like parsley, dill, cilantro, or a combination.
- Garlic cloves
- White wine vinegar: Or substitute apple cider vinegar.
- Olive oil: Simply omit for oil-free and replace with water as needed to thin.
- Agave: Or other sweetener of choice.
- Salt and water
You can also make it ahead of time, then let it chill in the fridge to let flavors further combine. (Otherwise it is great served immediately as well.)
I use this dressing for the Rainbow Chopped Salad (pictured below) but we also enjoy it as a vegetable dip.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. We find it keeps for about 3-4 days.
Creamy Avocado Basil Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust flavors as desired or add more salt to taste. Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan creamy avocado basil dressing and dip, also check out:
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Garlic-Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette (Oil Free)
- Lentil Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Garden Herb Dressing (Oil Free)