A tangy, fresh Creamy Dill Dressing recipe made dairy-free with avocado and lemon. Spoon it on your favorite salad or try it as a flavorful veggie dip! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This dill salad dressing is tangy, fresh, and creamy!
We use whole food plant-based avocado to achieve the rich, creamy consistency. It's a healthier (and dairy-free) alternative to the traditional mayonnaise, sour cream, or Greek yogurt that are used in creamy dressings.
The result is so delicious and full of bright flavors. Plus it only takes about 5 minutes to prepare!
Ingredients for Creamy Dill Dressing
For this recipe you'll blend in a small high-speed blender or food processor:
- Avocado: We'll use half of a large ripe avocado, or one small avocado for this recipe. This creates the creamy base. But you could also try substituting Cashew Mayo or vegan yogurt instead. (I haven't tested these however.)
- Fresh dill: Be sure your dill is fragrant and flavorful as that can make all the difference! I use about a quarter cup, but you can increase or decrease the amount as desired. (I haven't tested this with dried dill.)
- Fresh lemon juice: We'll use 2 tablespoons lemon juice, which is generally about a half lemon.
- White wine vinegar: I like using this vinegar in this dressing because the flavors are fairly neutral and delicate. However you can substitute distilled white vinegar if needed.
- Pure maple syrup: Just a teaspoon of this helps balance the flavors and adds a touch of sweetness. Or you can substitute your own favorite sweetener like agave nectar or vegan honey.
- Dijon mustard
- Salt: I use fine grain salt for this recipe. Use as much or as little as you'd prefer to help enhance the flavors. You can also add black pepper to taste.
Fresh herbs: Expand the taste of herbs in this dressing. Include variations of fresh chives, basil, tarragon, or parsley.
Other flavors: Add a fresh minced clove garlic, a pinch of garlic powder, or onion powder.
Salad dressing: Drizzle it over your favorite salads for fresh, creamy goodness.
Dip & condiment: Serve it as a fun new dipping sauce with your vegetable trays! Include chopped veggies like carrot, celery, bell pepper, grape tomatoes, radish, cucumber, etc.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container or glass mason jar with lid. I find it keeps for about 3-4 days. Stir again before enjoying.
More Oil-Free Dressing
- Vegan Italian Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan French Dressing
- Maple Dijon Dressing (vegan honey mustard!)
Creamy Dill Dressing (Oil-Free!)
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted & peeled (or 1 small)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a small blender or food processor. (I use a NutriBullet.) Blend for 20 seconds until smooth. Add more water to thin to desired consistency if needed.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge for a couple hours to let flavors blend and intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this oil-free vegan creamy avocado dill salad dressing recipe, also check out: