This easy Roasted Vegetable Wrap with a protein-packed bean spread is a great lunch or light dinner. Plus simple to customize with your own favorite veggies!
This roasted vegetable wrap is a wonderful meal all year round. In the summer, you can even grill your veggies instead of roasting them!
It's made with a simple, creamy white bean & garlic spread for extra oomph and plant-based nutrition.
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetable Wrap
For this recipe you will need:
- Bell pepper
- Mushroom (I use cremini)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh baby spinach
- Olive oil (simply omit for oil-free)
- Tortillas of choice (I try to use whole grain when possible)
- Cannellini beans
You can also add fresh herbs or lemon juice to the bean spread for more flavor.
This recipe is versatile so use whatever vegetables you enjoy or what's in season. We change it up a little every time. Zucchini and summer squash are great options as well.
Roasted Vegetable Wrap with Bean Spread
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 8 oz. asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh baby spinach (for serving)
- Olive oil for drizzling (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- 4 large whole-grain tortillas (or other wrap of choice)
For the white bean garlic spread:
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup water (to thin)
- Optional: fresh lemon juice, herbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Prepare the vegetables: slice the bell pepper and onion into strips. Slice mushrooms. Remove woody ends from asparagus and cut in 1" pieces.
- Toss bell pepper, onion, asparagus, mushrooms, and tomato in olive oil (omit for oil-free) and salt to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out vegetables in a single layer. (I often use 2 pans to give enough space).
- Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the bean spread: mince garlic. In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil (or veggie broth/water) and garlic. Sauté about 1 minute. Add the beans and carefully mash with a potato masher.
- Add 2/3 cup water and let cook about 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Stir in fresh herbs or lemon juice if desired.
- Assemble wraps: smear the warm bean spread along center line of tortilla. Then top with a generous amount of roasted veggies and fresh spinach. Tuck in the end, and tightly roll up.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this roasted vegetable wrap, also feel free to check out:
- Vegan Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla
- Vegan Green Enchiladas with White Beans
- Portobello Mushroom and Potato Stew with Lentils
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)