These are pleasantly filling, with a double protein punch from both the beans and tempeh. (For us, each taco has over 10g protein!) My favorite toppings are avocado, lettuce, and juicy pico de gallo which pairs wonderfully. Let’s get this taco party started!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
Black Bean Tempeh Tacos
- 8 oz. tempeh (gf if desired)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Corn tortillas
- Toppings of choice: nutritional yeast, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, avocado/guacamole, etc.
- Crumble tempeh and place in a bowl. Mix the taco seasoning with 2-3 Tbsp. water and add to tempeh. Stir well to combine and set aside to marinate.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a pan over medium heat, saute onion and tempeh for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings. (Chop lettuce, avocado, etc.)
- After onions have softened, add minced garlic to the pan and cook 30 seconds.
- Add black beans (rinsed and drained) and cook about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Assemble tacos: warm the corn tortillas if desired, add the tempeh mixture, and any toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)