Easy Black Bean Tempeh Tacos! Each delicious taco is packed with about 10 grams protein. Plus it’s a great 30-minute weeknight meal!
I love using crumbled tempeh as a ground meat substitute. Most often I use it in pasta sauce, but it’s awesome in so many other dishes as well – like these hearty tacos!
Tacos are a great choice for weeknight meals. Quick, easy, and delicious! Plus everyone can personalize their own with the toppings they love.
These are pleasantly filling, with a double protein punch from both the beans and tempeh. (For us, each taco has over 10 grams protein!)
My favorite toppings are avocado, lettuce, and juicy pico de gallo which pairs wonderfully. So let’s get this taco party started! Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Black Bean Tempeh Tacos
- 8 oz. tempeh (GF if desired)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 6 corn tortillas
- Toppings of choice: nutritional yeast, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, avocado/guacamole, etc.
- Crumble tempeh and place in a bowl. Mix the taco seasoning with 2-3 Tbsp. water and add to tempeh. Stir well to combine and set aside to marinate.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a pan over medium heat, saute onion and tempeh for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings. (Chop lettuce, avocado, etc.)
- After onions have softened, add minced garlic to the pan and cook 30 seconds.
- Add black beans (rinsed and drained) and cook about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Assemble tacos: warm the corn tortillas if desired, add the tempeh mixture, and any toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying these Tempeh Tacos, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)