These quick and easy Black Bean Tempeh Tacos are a great 30 minute weeknight meal! Each hearty taco is packed with fiber and over 10 grams protein.
These tempeh tacos are a great choice for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
They are quick, easy, delicious, and each taco has about 10 grams protein.
Plus everyone can personalize theirs with the toppings they love.
Crumbled tempeh is a great ground meat substitute. Oftentimes, I use it in pasta sauce, but it is awesome in a variety of other dishes as well, like these hearty tacos.
Ingredients for Tempeh Tacos
For this recipe you will need:
- Tempeh: Some packaged tempeh includes other grains, so if you need gluten-free, be sure to check the ingredients.
- Black beans
- Taco seasoning
- Corn tortillas: Or other tortilla.
- Toppings of choice
How to Serve
Personalize these tacos with your favorite toppings such as:
- Avocado or guacamole
- Fresh chopped lettuce
- Pico de Gallo
- Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- Vegan cheese shreds or nutritional yeast
- Vegan sour cream
- Hot sauce
Black Bean Tempeh Tacos
- 8 oz. tempeh (GF if desired)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 6 corn tortillas
- Toppings of choice: nutritional yeast, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, avocado/guacamole, etc.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning with 2-3 Tbsp. water and stir. Crumble tempeh and add to the seasoning mix. Stir well to combine and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion and seasoned tempeh for 8-10 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings. (Chop lettuce, avocado, etc.)
- After onions have softened, add minced garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add black beans (rinsed and drained) and cook about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Assemble tacos: warm the corn tortillas if desired, add the tempeh mixture, and any toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these Black Bean and Tempeh Tacos, also check out: