Our favorite go-to baked tofu recipe! Simple to prepare, only 6 ingredients, and such delicious savory flavor. Perfect for snacking, salads, rice bowls, etc. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple (6-ingredient!) method of marinated baked tofu is so flavorful and super versatile. We love snacking on them hot off the pan but they’re awesome in several different ways. Try these tasty, tender cubes in Asian-inspired salads, rice bowls, wraps, as appetizers/snacks (either plain or with a dipping sauce), or a simple meal combined stir-fried veggies. Plus they keep in the fridge for 4-5 days!
How to Make Baked Tofu
- Drain and remove excess moisture from tofu
- Cut tofu in cubes (or other shape of choice)
- Whisk together the simple marinade and pour over tofu
- Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes (or more)
- Bake at 375°F when ready!
It’s neat how tofu takes on a whole new flavor and texture when baked. Right out of the oven, it’s golden brown, soft and tender. Then as it cools, it becomes more dense and firm which holds up well in salads, rice bowls, etc. Since tofu is a blank palette as far as flavors, this easy marinade packs a big punch of savory goodness that lends itself to a variety of dishes. (Or simply a snack right off the pan!) Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Easy Baked Tofu
- 15 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Sesame seeds, sliced green onion, etc.
- Drain tofu and lightly press between towels to remove excess moisture (I use paper towels).
- Cut tofu in about 3/4″ cubes. Place in a shallow container where they will marinate. (I use an 8×8 glass baking dish.)
- In a small bowl, make the marinade: combine tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir/whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over tofu and gently toss to thoroughly coat.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 30 minutes.*
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat. Place tofu on pan in a single, separated layer. (You will have leftover marinade – spoon it over the top of the tofu cubes to maximize flavor.)
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, tossing halfway through.
- Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated for about 4-5 days.