This vegan Crispy Tofu Wrap recipe is protein-rich and easy to make! We combine oil-free crispy baked tofu with crunchy veggies, then top it with ranch or your dressing of choice. So satisfying and customizable! (Vegan with gluten-free and oil-free options.)
This easy tofu wrap recipe is a healthier vegan version of a crispy chicken wrap.
It's protein-rich and so satisfying with mouthwatering textures in every bite.
We combine oil-free crispy baked tofu cubes with crunchy fresh veggies. Then top it with a luscious vegan ranch dressing (or simply use another dressing of choice!)
Plus it's wildly customizable so you can change it up with your favorite additions and sauces.
Ingredients for Tofu Wrap
For this recipe you will combine:
- Crispy tofu: We'll use my simple method for oil-free Crispy Baked Tofu. You'll need an extra firm tofu block, tamari, corn starch, and nutritional yeast. We'll drain the excess liquid with a tofu press, toss it in a crispy coating, then bake in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It's easy and delicious!
- Romaine lettuce: You'll need one medium head fresh romaine lettuce. I enjoy this variety for the refreshing crunch.
- Roma tomato: Or you could use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes for a stronger, sweeter flavor.
- Red onion: I thinly slice red onion for these wraps, but you can substitute green onion for a milder onion flavor.
- Vegan ranch dressing: Most often I use my favorite homemade oil-free Ranch Dressing. But use whatever dressing or sauce you enjoy. (See more ideas below.)
- Large tortilla wraps: I try to purchase organic whole grain wraps when possible. Be sure to use gluten-free if desired.
Try BBQ Ranch! Drizzle a little BBQ sauce with the ranch dressing for some extra savory flavor.
Greens + veggies: Add avocado, cucumber, carrot, thinly sliced red cabbage, spinach, baby kale, arugula, spring greens, fresh sprouts, red bell pepper, fresh herbs, etc.
Make it cheesy: Sprinkle on dairy-free cheese shreds like cheddar or mozzarella. Or use your favorite vegan parmesan.
Add grains: Spoon on some cooked quinoa, rice, or other whole grain of choice for extra substance.
Gluten-free option: Use gluten-free tortillas, or omit the tortilla altogether and serve it as a salad in a bowl.
Grill it! Place your finished wrap on a hot grill pan or skillet on the stove. Heat for a couple minutes on each side until the tortilla is crispy.
Instead of ranch dressing, try one (or a couple) of the following:
- Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
- Chipotle Crema (for smoky spice!)
- Oil-Free Hummus
- Cashew Pesto
- Vegan mayo and mustard
- Buffalo sauce (for a Buffalo Tofu Wrap)
Store any prepared vegan tofu wraps in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I find they keep well for up to a day before getting too soggy.
You can also store the components separately and assemble right before serving to keep everything fresh.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan tofu recipes or sandwich + wrap recipes.
Crispy Tofu Wrap
- 1 batch Crispy Baked Tofu
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup Vegan Ranch Dressing (or other)
- 3 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Prepare the crispy baked tofu.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop romaine and tomatoes. Thinly slice red onion. Then prepare ranch dressing or other sauce of choice.
- Assemble wraps: Place lettuce, tomato, onion, and tofu down the center of a tortilla. Drizzle with dressing or sauce. Wrap up tightly with ends tucked in.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan crispy tofu wrap recipe, also check out:
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook for more updates and inspiration.
Leave a Reply