Vegan Lentil Stuffed Pepper Soup! This cozy meal combines all the goodness and flavor of stuffed peppers, but in easy, delicious soup form! A healthy, 10-ingredient, one-pot meal.
Lentils; tiny but mighty! I have proclaimed my love for them before, but they are such nutritional powerhouses. Plus easy to cook and inexpensive.
This soup combines both red and brown lentils because I enjoy the combined textures.
The classic stuffed pepper flavor really shines through in the thick, tomato broth.
Plus it is fantastic for meal prep and leftovers as it becomes even more flavorful the next day.
Ingredients for Stuffed Pepper Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Green bell peppers
- Diced tomatoes: Regular or fire-roasted.
- Tomato sauce
- Vegetable broth
- Green/brown lentils
- Red lentils
- Smoked paprika
For serving, I highly recommend spooning cooked brown rice on top to complete the stuffed pepper ensemble.
And if this finds you in the mood for some "real" stuffed pepper goodness, try our favorite Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers!
For more inspiration, also browse all lentil recipes.
Lentil Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 large carrot
- 3 green bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup green/brown lentils (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup red lentils (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa, hot sauce, chopped fresh parsley
- Dice onion, carrot, and bell pepper (core and seeds removed).
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion for about 6-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth or water for no-oil saute method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- Add garlic, smoked paprika, carrot, and bell pepper. Stir and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and vegetable broth. Increase heat to high.
- Meanwhile, rinse lentils and add to pot. Stir.
- Bring to a light boil, then decrease heat to med-low, cover, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until lentils are cooked through.
- Salt to taste. Serve as is or with cooked rice, quinoa, hot sauce, fresh parsley, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Lentil Stuffed Pepper Soup, also check out: