I’m excited to introduce our all-time favorite salad – this gorgeous, nutritious, delicious burst of color! I’m revisiting the recipe from a while ago because we make it often and love it, so I wanted to get better photographs to share with you all. That and I recently made a homemade creamy cilantro-lime dressing to toss it with and WHOA baby; flavor explosions with every bite!
We think the dressing and salad are a perfect marriage – so crisp and refreshing together. I love grabbing a spoon and scooping up all the beautiful colors and plant-based goodness. For us, one recipe of the cilantro dressing is a great match for the amount of salad below.
Hope you enjoy if you give it a try! Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this – I love seeing what you guys cook up!
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- 1 large head romaine
- 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 5 green onions
- Optional: avocado for topping
For the Cilantro-Lime dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for oil-free, sub a little water to thin)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Recommended: agave/honey, cumin to taste
- Make the dressing: puree all ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.