My favorite salad! We’re wild for this Southwestern Chopped Salad tossed in the most delicious, creamy avocado cilantro-lime dressing. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
I’m excited to introduce our all-time favorite salad: this Southwestern Chopped Salad! It’s such a gorgeous, nutritious, delicious burst of color. I’m revisiting the recipe from a while ago because we make it often and love it, so I wanted to get better photographs to share with you all. That and I recently made a homemade creamy cilantro-lime dressing to toss it with and WHOA baby; flavor explosions with every bite!
We think the creamy, flavorful cilantro-lime dressing and salad are a perfect marriage. So crisp and refreshing together! I love grabbing a spoon and scooping up all the beautiful colors and plant-based goodness. For us, one recipe of the cilantro dressing is a great match for the amount of salad below. It’s a great meal to make for picnics, potlucks, make-ahead lunches to take-along. Feel free to store the dressing and salad separately and simply toss before serving if you’d prefer it to be fresh & crisp!
Truly hope you enjoy if you give it a try! Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 large head romaine
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 10 oz. cherry/grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked sweet corn (I use organic frozen corn and thaw it)
- 5 green onions
For the Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for oil-free, sub a little water to thin)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Recommended: agave & cumin to taste
- Make the dressing: blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (I love the addition of a little cumin, and agave to sweeten!)
- Chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions. Rinse and drain black beans.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Southwestern Chopped Salad? Also feel free to check out these Corn & Black Bean Fajitas or this Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing!