Easy Vegan Avocado Quesadilla! A healthier version of quesadillas that replaces cheese with creamy avocado.
I can’t believe there was a time when I didn’t like avocados. One thing’s for sure: we’ve got some making up to do for all that lost time. Like with these quesadillas I’ve been stuffing in my face on the daily. Quesadillas have always been a quick go-to meal for us, but when I stopped eating cheese, well… so went the quesadillas. I desperately wanted them back in my life and although an obvious substitution would be non-dairy cheese, this seemed like a job for avocados! Let me tell you… these babies are for REALS.
I love that they’re healthier than cheese quesadillas, and I think they taste even better. My husband and I make them all the time, and there are so many variations you can try. (Or you can just replace cheese with avocado in any of your favorite quesadillas!) Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt these! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
- 1/2 avocado (more if you prefer)
- 1 small roma tomato (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice (I love smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
- Salsa (optional)
- 1 large tortilla
- Smash avocado and spread out on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and any seasonings. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa. (Or save the salsa for dipping!)
- Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.