Easy Vegan Avocado Quesadilla! A healthier version of quesadillas that replaces cheese with creamy plant-based avocado.
Quesadillas have always been a quick and easy go-to meal for us, but when I stopped eating cheese, well… so went the quesadillas.
I desperately wanted them back in my life and although an obvious substitution would be vegan cheese, this seemed like it could be a job for avocados!
I love that they're healthier than cheese quesadillas, and I think they taste even better. My husband and I make them all the time, and there are so many variations you can try.
Add black beans, sweet corn, or your own favorite quesadilla additions. Or you can simply replace the cheese with avocado in any of your favorite quesadillas! Hope you enjoy as well.
- 1/2 avocado (more if you prefer)
- 1 small roma tomato (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice (I love smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
- Salsa to taste (like this Blender Salsa)
- 1 large tortilla
- Smash avocado and spread out on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and any seasonings. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa. (Or save the salsa for dipping!)
- Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Avocado Quesadilla, also feel free to check out:
- Roasted Vegetable Wrap with White Bean Spread
- Vegan Pizza Quinoa Casserole
- Spinach Tomato Pesto Quesadilla
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt these! I love seeing your creations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)