15-minute Balsamic Beet Salad with Kale! A beautiful, healthy holiday side dish – looks so festive with deep red beets paired with leafy green kale! Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.
Beautiful beets!! 💕 I LOVE how festive this dish looks with those striking red beets paired with leafy green kale. It makes a perfect (healthy!) holiday side dish. And so EASY – just 7 ingredients & 15 minutes to make. I take help from Love Beets pre-cooked baby beets (not sponsored, just love ’em!) but feel free to roast your own if you’d prefer!
This salad is so nutrient-dense and flavorful with a quick garlic-dijon balsamic dressing. I’m thinking it’d be lovely as a main dish or take-along lunch as well with some garbanzos added! Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
Balsamic Beet & Kale Salad
15-minute Balsamic Beet Salad with Kale! Makes a beautiful, healthy holiday side dish. Looks so festive with deep red beets paired with leafy green kale!
Servings:6 side servings
- 1 bunch kale
- 4-5 cooked baby beets*
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Sunflower seeds for sprinkling
- Optional: I also love pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts in this!
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. water
- Salt to taste
- Make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite sized pieces, stems removed. Place in a large bowl and gently massage.
- Thinly slice red onion and dice beets. Place in bowl.
- Re-stir dressing and pour over top. Toss to thoroughly combine.
- (Note: depending on your taste and how big your kale bunch is, you may not need the full amount of dressing. I do like mine tangy so start with a smaller amount and go from there if you wish!)
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds over top before serving.
- Best eaten within 1-2 days.
- (It marinates as it sits, so I love having this in the fridge throughout the day for snacking! It does tend to dull in color due to the balsamic though.)
*I use the 8.8 oz. pack of cooked organic baby beets from Love Beets
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Potassium: 153mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.4mg
If you’re meal-planning for the holidays, try our favorite Mushroom Gravy to pour over those fluffy mashed potatoes as well! 😊