Loaded Vegan Black Bean Quesadilla with sweet corn, tomatoes and spiked with flavorful cumin. A super easy weeknight meal!
Football season is BACK! To celebrate, I wanted to share these awesome quesadillas that are definitely worthy of joining you on the couch for the big game. They’re BIG, delicious, and will give you all the energy you need to cheer on your favorite team 😉 I love how satisfying and versatile they are – plus family friendly!
Plus they’re super easy to customize based on your own tastes. Add your own favorite veggies and spices. (I love cumin and smoked paprika in quesadillas.) Also be sure to find a good vegan meltable cheese for this – I like the Follow Your Heart cheese shreds or Miyoko’s. Plus we love dunking these in creamy guacamole, restaurant-style salsa, or fresh pico de gallo. Hope you enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt these! I love seeing your tasty recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Loaded Veggie & Black Bean Quesadilla
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (I use frozen and thaw it)
- 2-3 green onions
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese (I like Follow Your Heart brand)
- Cumin, to taste
- 4 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Optional additions: cooked brown rice, quinoa, garlic, smoked paprika, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Chop tomatoes and green onion.
- Place a tortilla on a skillet. (I leave the stove turned off until assembly is complete.)
- To one half of the quesadilla, add a light layer of cheese, followed by the beans, veggies, and rice/quinoa (if using).
- Add another layer of cheese on top to help “glue” both sides together. Sprinkle a bit of cumin, then fold over the top half of quesadilla and gently press down.
- Heat over medium for a few minutes on each side or until heated through. Repeat for the rest of the quesadillas.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Black Bean Quesadilla? Feel free to also check out the full “Mexican Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration! (Or these Spinach Tomato Pesto Quesadillas.)