Spaghetti with an Asian-inspired twist! This easy, vegan, 30-minute meal comes together quick and makes a great weeknight meal. Plus it is simple to adapt with your own favorite vegetables.
This vegan Asian-style spaghetti is a simple, 7-ingredient meal that's also easy to assemble.
Plus it is a great dish to adapt with your own favorite vegetables. Asparagus, bell pepper, bean sprouts, and napa cabbage are fantastic.
For this recipe you will need:
- Spaghetti pasta: Use gluten-free if desired. I use a brown rice & quinoa blend.
- Mushrooms: I like cremini, but use your own favorites or what's available. White button, portobello, shiitake, etc.
- Snow peas: Or substitute sugar snap peas.
- Green onion (scallion)
- Garlic cloves
- Tamari: Or substitute soy sauce, but I use tamari for gluten-free.
Freshly grated ginger and toasted sesame oil are optional additions as well.
We think it tastes great both warm or cold, so leftovers are a perfect take-along lunch with no need to reheat in the microwave.
You can also pair this dish with tofu or tempeh such as:
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan main dish recipes.
Asian-Style Spaghetti with Garlic & Vegetables
- 8 oz. spaghetti* (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 5 oz. snow peas (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 green onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari (or less)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger, 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, mung bean sprouts
- Cook spaghetti* according to package directions, leaving al dente (not mushy). Drain and set aside when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms, cut green onions in 1/2″ pieces, and cut carrots into matchsticks/julienned (or shred/dice for quicker prep). Mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. (Use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, or toasted sesame oil for more flavor if desired.)
- Add snow peas, carrots, and green onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic (and any freshly grated ginger if using). Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add cooked spaghetti and tamari. (I use about 1/4 cup tamari, but start with 2-3 Tbsp. for less salty.)
- Toss well to combine and heat for 2-3 minutes. Top with sesame seeds if desired. Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Asian Spaghetti, also feel free to check out:
- Portobello Fajitas
- Easy Peanut Noodles
- Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- Broccoli with Asian-Style Garlic Sauce