Spaghetti with an Asian-inspired twist! This easy, vegan, 30-minute meal comes together quick and makes a great weeknight meal. Plus it's simple to adapt with your own favorite vegetables.
This vegan Asian-style spaghetti is easy to assemble and so satisfying.
Plus it's only 7 simple ingredients!
It's a great dish to adapt with your own favorite vegetables. So change it up however you see fit, or with seasonal veggies.
Ingredients for Asian Spaghetti
For this recipe you will toss together in a large skillet or wok:
- Spaghetti pasta: Use gluten-free if desired. I use a brown rice and quinoa blend. But you can also use ramen noodles, lo mein noodles, rice noodles, etc.
- Mushrooms: I like cremini, but use your own favorites or what's available. White button, portobello, or shiitake would be tasty too.
- Snow peas: Or substitute sugar snap peas, or even frozen sweet green peas.
- Green onion (scallion): Or substitute red onion for a stronger flavor.
- Garlic cloves
- Tamari: Or substitute soy sauce, but I use tamari for gluten-free. Be sure to use low sodium if desired. Coconut aminos could also work.
- Ginger: This is optional, but you can include a half teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root for even more flavor and warmth.
Flavors: Freshly grated ginger, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame oil are optional additions as well. I also like to garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Vegetables: Add and sauté other veggies as you see fit. Asparagus, broccoli, red bell pepper, spinach, baby bok choy, mung bean sprouts, zucchini squash, water chestnuts, and napa cabbage are fantastic.
Warm or cold: We think it tastes great both warm and cold, so the leftovers are a perfect take-along lunch with no need to reheat in the microwave (unless you prefer it!)
For more inspiration, also browse all easy vegan dinner recipes.
Asian Spaghetti with Garlic and Vegetables
- 8 oz. spaghetti* (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 5 oz. snow peas (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 green onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari (or less)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger, 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, mung bean sprouts
- Cook spaghetti* according to package directions, leaving al dente (not mushy). Drain and set aside when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms, cut green onions in 1/2″ pieces, and cut carrots into matchsticks/julienned (or shred/dice for quicker prep). Mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. (Use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, or toasted sesame oil for more flavor if desired.)
- Add snow peas, carrots, and green onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic (and any freshly grated ginger if using). Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add cooked spaghetti and tamari. (I use about 1/4 cup tamari, but start with 2-3 Tbsp. for less salty.)
- Toss well to combine and heat for 2-3 minutes. Top with sesame seeds if desired. Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Asian Spaghetti with Vegetables recipe, also feel free to check out:
- Portobello Fajitas
- Easy Peanut Noodles
- Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- Broccoli with Asian-Style Garlic Sauce