Spaghetti with an Asian-inspired twist! This easy, vegan, 30-minute meal comes together quick and makes a great weeknight meal. Plus it's simple to adapt with your own favorite vegetables.
We enjoy this Asian-style spaghetti because it is a simple, 7-ingredient meal that's easy to assemble.
Plus it is a great dish to adapt with your own favorite vegetables. Asparagus, bell pepper, bean sprouts, etc. are fantastic.
Adding tofu or tempeh is also a great option. You can pair this with Easy Baked Tofu, Asian-Style Garlic Tofu, or even some saucy Teriyaki Baked Tofu.
For this recipe you will need:
- Spaghetti pasta: Use gluten-free if desired. I enjoy a brown rice & quinoa blend.
- Mushrooms: I like cremini, but use your own favorites or what's available.
- Snow peas
- Green onion (scallion)
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional: freshly grated ginger and toasted sesame oil
The light flavor of this dish comes from the garlic and tamari, plus you can add the optional freshly grated ginger as well. We think it tastes great both warm or cold, so leftovers are a perfect work lunch with no need to reheat.
If you are looking for more 30-minute meals, also check out:
Asian-Style Spaghetti with Garlic & Vegetables
- 8 oz. spaghetti* (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 5 oz. snow peas (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 green onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari (or less)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger, 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, mung bean sprouts
- Cook spaghetti* according to package directions, leaving al dente (not mushy). Drain and set aside when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms, cut green onions in 1/2″ pieces, and cut carrots into matchsticks/julienned (or shred/dice for quicker prep). Mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. (Use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, or toasted sesame oil for more flavor if desired.)
- Add snow peas, carrots, and green onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic (and any freshly grated ginger if using). Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add cooked spaghetti and tamari. (I use about 1/4 cup tamari, but start with 2-3 Tbsp. for less salty.)
- Toss well to combine and heat for 2-3 minutes. Top with sesame seeds if desired. Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Asian Spaghetti, also feel free to check out:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.