Vegan Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie with avocado and banana. Thick, creamy, delicious, and jam-packed with protein and plant-based nutrients!
Alright guys, this sounds crazy but I’m gonna come right out and say it… this creamy hemp smoothie makes me feel like superwoman! Every time I drink one of these bad boys I get a crazy burst of energy and feel the urge to throw on a cape and take over the world.
It’s so chocolatey, thick, and dense; jam-packed with protein and nutrients. And it just so happens that it tastes delicious too. The trick is using a ripe banana (lots of brown spots) since those are much sweeter and more flavorful. Grab your capes and let’s do this!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I use this brand)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 ripe banana (frozen, if desired)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. agave (or maple syrup)
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until relatively smooth, adding more milk if desired.
- Taste and adjust if necessary (i.e. more agave/syrup for sweetness, more milk for thinner consistency, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this hemp smoothie? Also check out the full “Vegan Drinks” recipe archives on the site for more drink & smoothie inspiration!
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)