Vegan Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie with avocado and banana. Thick, creamy, delicious, and jam-packed with protein and plant-based nutrients!
Alright, this sounds crazy but I’m gonna come right out and say it… this creamy hemp smoothie makes me feel like superwoman! Every time I drink one of these, I get a crazy burst of energy and feel the urge to throw on a cape and take over the world. (Okay, maybe that’s exaggerating just a tad, but still.)
It’s so chocolatey, thick, and dense; jam-packed with protein and nutrients. And it just so happens that it tastes delicious too. The trick is using a ripe banana (lots of brown spots) since those are much sweeter and more flavorful. Grab your capes and let’s do this!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 small avocado
- 1 ripe banana (frozen, if desired)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. agave (or maple syrup)
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until relatively smooth, adding more milk if desired.
- Taste and adjust if necessary (i.e. more agave/syrup for sweetness, more milk for thinner consistency, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this chocolate hemp smoothie? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Drinks” recipe archives on the site for more drink & smoothie inspiration! (Or this cozy Bedtime Golden Turmeric Milk or Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie as well.)