It’s so chocolatey, thick, and dense; jam-packed with protein and nutrients that give an undeniable boost. And it just so happens that it tastes delicious too. The trick is using a ripe banana (think: lots of brown spots) since those are much sweeter and more flavorful. Grab your capes and let’s do this!
Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I use this brand)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 ripe banana (frozen, if desired)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. agave (or maple syrup)
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until relatively smooth, adding more milk if desired.
- Taste and adjust if necessary (i.e. more agave/syrup for sweetness, more milk for thinner consistency, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)