Vegan Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie with avocado and banana. Thick, creamy, delicious, and a great source of plant-based protein and nutrients!
This creamy chocolate hemp smoothie is so rich, nourishing, and delicious.
It is simple to make and wonderfully thick and dense.
It also seems to leave me with a great boost of energy afterwards thanks to the abundant plant-based protein and nutrients.
Ingredients for Chocolate Hemp Smoothie
For this recipe you will need:
- Almond milk: Or simply substitute your favorite plant-based milk.
- Banana: Be sure to use a ripe banana (with lots of brown spots) because those are much more sweet and flavorful.
- Hemp hearts
- Cacao or cocoa powder: Most often I use Navitas brand organic cacao powder.
- Pure maple syrup: Or other sweetener of choice.
- Ice cubes
A tiny splash of vanilla extract or almond extract adds great flavor as well. (Just be sure to only add a few drops of almond extract because it is strong!)
For more inspiration, also browse all drink and beverage recipes.
Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 ripe banana (frozen, if desired)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until relatively smooth, adding more milk if desired.
- Taste and adjust if necessary. (More syrup for sweetness, more milk for thinner consistency, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this chocolate hemp smoothie, also feel free to check out: