Creamy Vegan Avocado Dressing & Dip
A creamy dressing that's tasty on salads and also as a vegetable dip. It is easy to make with fresh flavors of lemon and basil.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Adjust flavors as desired or add more salt to taste. Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Store covered in the fridge. We find it keeps for about 3-4 days.
Calories: 157 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Protein: 1 g | Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g | Potassium: 277 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 287 IU | Vitamin C: 12 mg | Calcium: 18 mg | Iron: 1 mg